Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wrong Harness, Dude!

I have been kitesurfing with a seat harness since I started kitesurfing. The only reason why I have never changed over to a waist harness was probably financial reasons. It is hard to support all my hobbies with my mediocre salary. I should've considered barefoot running instead. Anyway, lately I have realized that I have to make the harness change, for three reasons basically. One...the seat harness looks like an adult nappy. Two...lately it has been crushing my nuts as my kiting is getting more ambitious and daring, and three...I find the seat harness a bit restrictive when wave riding. So, as I usually do before I go out and buy something, I did some research on the Internet first. I typed in "body harness" and what I found was a bit of a shock to my system and not exactly what I was looking for......


Eventually I narrowed my search down to "kitsesurfing waist harness" and along with the help of a kitesurfing buddy I eventually found the harness I was looking for, the Mystic Warrior III. A bit on the pricey side but one cannot go skimpy when your life depends on your equipment. Not really hey, but telling myself that makes me feel better for the money I spend. I was told that the switch over to a waist harness is going to be tricky at first. I will not be pulled from my nuts anymore, but from my back. It might pull me over and I will end up with "excruciating stomach pain". I was a bit worried about the "stomach pain", but when I heard that the stomach pain would be the result of abdominal muscles now doing all the hard work instead of my ass, I was comfortable with the idea. Six-pack exercise included in the price, not a bad deal at all. I wonder where the dude in the photo got his six-pack from though? All I can do now is sit and wait for the next southeaster to return so that I can try out my new gear....

No comments:

Post a Comment